Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 19 The importance of sleep

As someone who has had insomnia in the past, I recognize the importance sleep has in all areas of our health. At first, I thought well I really do not need as much sleep as others. My dad has never slept more than 5 hours a night. I assumed that maybe my sleep pattern was genetic. Maybe it is, but I do need more sleep. I know that my lack of sleep has effected my health in the following ways:
moodiness
hormone imbalance
increased blood pressure
weight loss/gain (plateaus)
headaches
clumsiness
When I began researching the effects of sleep deprivation, I had many more of the symptoms. I now know that SD places me at a greater risk for health problems in the future.
So what am I going to do about this... go to bed. 11 pm weeknights for a few weeks. No matter what I am doing, I am getting in bed at 11pm. I may not fall asleep right away but I need to make this a habit.
Oh and by the way, I had lots of yummy green juice today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment