Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kale chips


This is a picture of a batch kale chips I made a couple of months ago. I made a batch last night, very few have made it to the jar. They were so good and really help me avoid junk! My husband likes them, my son, not so much. I know that changing our diets will be a lifelong process. That's OK. It's all about choices for me. I really do not want to forbid anything. That really just make the rebel in me want it (even if it's not good for me). This recipe is from a friend of mine and they are delicious.
Comment by Susan : ) on June 10, 2009 at 10:04am
Kale Chips (my daughter says they taste like Doritos!)2 heads of Kale3/4 cup tahini ( make my own with alittle oil and sesame seeds blended to a paste)1/4 cup Bragg's liquid aminos1/4 cup Bragg's apple cider vinegar1/4 cup water1 glove garlicjuice of one lemon1/4 cup nutritional yeastWhiz it all up in food processor and massage into the kale. Dry in dehydrator at 105 degrees til very crunchy!!Leave kale in larger pieces as they really shrink down! I use curly kale so it sticks to it! Please pull the leaves from the stems before doing this...the stems taste bitter.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment