Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A yummy new salad

I tried a new salad last night at our "fake" Whole Foods. It is a grocery store trying to be Whole Foods in the more upscale side of town.
It had the following in it:
Romaine lettuce
Napa cabbage
Fresh mint and cilantro
Rice noodle or sticks
Edamame
Shredded carrots
Red peppers
Mung bean sprouts
Curry cashews
The dressing was called Asian Slaw dressing, it was super hot and orange. I might have to do some research for the recipe.

One of my favorite things to do is to try and recreate a recipe at home. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I will let you know if this one is a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny, we have a few "fake" Whole Foods in our town too and the real thing of course. I got a salad from the real place once and it cost a fortune, I prefer making my own at home too but I needed food fast and that was the only option.
    Peace & Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete