Thursday, April 14, 2011

The gluten-free, dairy-free results

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted. So we completed our GF/DF month and here's what we found out about ourselves.
My husband said he felt less "foggy" , he lost weight and feels better.
My son said that he felt the same however he did seem to be able to focus and start more conversations. He also lost a little weight which concerns me a little since he is so thin already.
I lost a little weight, was less bloated and lost some carb carvings. So I would say it was a success. So much so that my son said he wanted to continue GF until August (his birthday). We all agreed to do GF until then.
We have been a little more relaxed about the dairy but are still restricting the amounts and sources of it. We only use Snowville Creamy milk, raw cheese and 5 Stars yogurt. No one is drinking a glass of it but we use it in recipes. Now that this will be a long term goal, I have to start gathering recipes for bread, pizza crust and the thing my son said he would miss the most if he had to do this for rest of life hot soft pretzels.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the results.
    I've been eating mostly gluten free for about 2 years now. I am not a celiac, but just wanted to feel better inside and not bloated. And eating gluten free has helped so much. Plus I did lose weight also. But during this time I became high raw.
    I recently purchased a dehydrator and experimenting with raw bread and cracker recipes.
    Have you tried making gluten free breads using
    garbonzo bean flour? Or try any of the gluten free flours from Bob's Red Mill?
    Have a wonderful day.
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete