Monday, August 23, 2010

How I spend my Wednesday afternoons




Well I have had a nice little break. During my break, my anemia came back with vengeance. My hematologist feels that iron infusions were in my future. I am scheduled for 4 weeks of treatment and I have had 2. My energy is slowly coming back.


In addition to treatments, I am taking high doses of iron in the form of supplements. I am also juicing a little and eating my weight in kale. Any cooked food I cook in the iron skillet and I am eating lots of lentils.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb

    I was sneaking around your blog yesterday trying to figure out if that was you or not. I almost posted asking if you were in Ohio.

    I went to one other Rawluck and one of Shawna's classes asking if anyone had heard how your raw journey was going.

    I felt like we connected being (I'm pretty sure) the only one's with kids trying to make this raw thing work for us and our family.

    It puts a whole different set of obstacles in the equation.
    Sounds like your giving it a good try. Sorry about the low iron. I'm always borderline anemic but just high enough to keep me out of trouble.
    Hope you get better real soon. What part of town are you in? I would love to get together and swap recipes and stories.

    Take care and keep in touch
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia!
    I would love to get together. I am trying to figure out how to privately message you.

    ReplyDelete